These are so addictive!!! I love them so much.
1) Start with a one gallon Best Maid - or your brand of choice - whole dill pickles.
2) Remove them from the jar and cut into 1/8 to 1/4-inch slices.
3) Drain all but two cups of the pickle juice. Place the pickle juice and eight cups sugar in a sauce pan. Heat until the sugar dissolves. Be sure to not let this boil over. It makes a terrible sticky mess.
4) Set the sugar solution to the side to cool. Stir in 1/4 cup tabasco.
5) Add the pickles and eight cloves fresh garlic to the empty jar.
6) Pour the cooled sugar solution over the pickles. Refrigerate for at least one week. Every other day, turn the pickles upside down to make sure the sugar solution is well distributed. Enjoy!